Re: Adelaide-Sydney

There are a few other ways to get from ADL - SYD by railways services and
some are cheaper.
V/Line Speedlink Coach via Albury operates daily and connects to the XPT in
Albury.
Also the Overnight Overland train to Melbourne, unfortunately missing the
Daylight XPT to Sydney, but taking the overnight train 11 hours later may
also be cheaper. You could also catch the V/Line Daylink Service (Coach
ADL - Bendigo and then train to MEL) but not to sure on the timings and
whether or not this service would connect with the XPT.  I would suspect
that this too would be cheaper than the IP and the Ghan to Sydney.  Note on
the return SYD - ADL it is possible to connect from the Daylight XPT (Dep
Syd 0812) to the Overland in MEL and arrive ADL at 0845+1 with no prolonged
stop in in steerage (Econ) this would almost definately be cheaper.

Matt Lucas