VIC - General Motors Sidings

Hello one and all,

After lurking around this newsgroup for a couple of months, I have finally
plucked up the courage to enter into discussion.

Yesterday (Sun 1/8/99), on the way back from a trip to Gippsland, I decided
to have a look at General Motors station which I hadn't looked at for at
least 2 years.  I noticed that the rails leading from the main-line to the
siding had their rail joint plates unbolted, apparently in preparation for
their removal.  I was wondering if this is in fact the case.  Also, other
than the Heinz siding coal traffic, just how much were these sidings used?
(eg. General Motors had a couple and International Trucks I believe; even
though it would have been many years since any use.)

Regards,

Brad.