Re: Ringwood (new platform)

The platform works were completed by about 1900pm on Sunday and a 6
car Comeng was used as a test train at 2000, it was put in the back
platform and they got all the SPOT cameras working and made sure the
platform clearences were correct and overhead was alright.

The first train to use the platform this morning would have been a 3
car comeng which formed a Belgrave train (from the sidings).

The trains now use the platform as per the WTT.

A few things to go like lights, yellow line etc...

They have put in for the 3rd for a station building, now it is for removal
and building and new building.  (It was for modifications, but it was
the barrier gates which stuffed that.)

: This weekend (1/8/99) Ringwood platform 1 will be completed, and it will
: start being used from Monday 2/8.  New Platforms will be:
: Platform 1&2 (Island) All Melbourne Trains
: Platform 3 Belgrave/Lilydale train between 6am-8:30am and 5pm-8pm M-F
: all other times will be Platform 1&2.

: On weekends and night time Belgrave/Lilydale shuttle trains will use
: platform 1 and through train will use platform 2.  There are a few expections
: (like at 10am Sundays when the service goes from 30 minutes to 20.)

: I can't wait till the mid afternoon (around 3pm-5pm) with all trains using the
: island platform, and eveyone going over the bridge.  You only have to look at
: the access to the new platform 1 to see it just won't work.

: Is there anything in the passenger charter about stations, like taking 10
: minutes to get on/off the platform.

: : > In article <7n212b$53p$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>,
: : >   cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin GORDON) wrote:
: : > > The new platform at Ringwood is coming along nicely now.  The track
: : > has
: : > > been put down and connected to the points (223 & 234) there was a
: : > > track machine in there tonight.
: : > >
: : > > Fo a couple of pictures have a look at my page.
: : > > http://cmgord.alphalink.com.au/trains/ringwood/
: : >

: : Nice pictures from someone who left Ringwood in the early 1970's. I have to
: : confess it looked much better when K188 was sitting on the back road
: : waiting to run light back to it's depot at Lilydale (some years prior to
: : 1970 I would have to confess, 1964 in fact).

: : Brian

: --
: Chris Gordon
: http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord