melbourne transit in Maryland

In a TV commercial for Bell Atlantic Mobile, here
on the East Coast of the US, amidst a plethora of
other urban scenes we see a Z1 tram and a Hitachi
motor car, numbered M211 if my slomo is
sufficiently clear. Does this seem like a valid numbering?

The ad was probably filmed in Melbourne, where it
is cheaper than the US, tho clearly the impression
to be given is that it is stateside, i.e. the only
car we clearly see is a LH drive convertible.

The platform scene shows a sign labelled Track 5,
which seems a more American term than our "Platform". Is this how
stations in Melbourne are signed?