Re: New Fares in NSW

Mr Simpson wrote in message <372C479B.229D559A@mail.usyd.edu.au>...

>  As if that will ever increase... only make the weekly and once off ticket
>buyers subsidise them.
>How long have they been a dollar, and how many times has your weekly gone
up
>since then?

I used the $1 ticket as an example.

It would cost me far more than a weekly ticket (even if the cost was
doubled) to drive from Glenmore Park (near Penrith) to the City every
morning and return every evening - this is not due to normal petrol usage
for a normal trip, but is due to increased usage of the vehicle due to
congestion. It would take far longer, and burn more fuel, than I am prepared
to allow.

And for that, commuters receive something like a 40% discount - WHY?

Why the grossly overallowed 40%? I agree some discount is due, but 40% for a
weekly? That then means you have to discount deeper for monthlies,
quarterlies and yearlies.

I also think OffPeak Returns are far too cheap as well - I would be changing
them as follows - raise them somewhat (about 15%) and leave them at their
current availability (available to return at ANY time) - and slightly
reduced fares for a restriction on returning during the evening peak. It is
ridiculous that there is a restriction during the morning peak, but there is
no restriction in the evening.

DaveP