Re: Freight Victoria Starts Today 1/5/99 but what of MPI???

On Sun, 02 May 1999 14:01:22 +1000, Craig Haber
<albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>> It's interesting to note that Sunshine - Ballarat and Albion - Bendigo
>> are now passenger only lines with the Merbein superfreighters being
>> routed via Nth Geelong and the Deniliquin trains via Toolamba.
>
>What about 9080/9280 Swan Hill goods trains?  And if they're
>diverted away from Bendigo, what becomes of Bendigo loading?

Bad writing on my part (I shouldn't be inside on a perfectly sunny day
like today <g!>).  I should have added the following to the sentenced
you quoted above...." if FV goes ahead with the planned changes to
freight traffic at Eaglehawk (ie routing all traffic via
Inglewood....)".  I was taking that as a given.

I suppose Bendigo loading will go (eventually) Bendigo - Inglewood -
Nth Geelong - Tottenham, at 80km/h.
Regards

Yuri
--