Re: Take Over/Multi skilling

Anamul wrote:

>  > From: "Graeme Sproul" <sproul@dcsi.net.au>
>  > I heard a rumour that the Warragul carpenter, 2 S&C mates, and an W&W
>  > employee from Sale get the chop today.
>  > A.B.B. takes over track force maintenance on Sale line, the Signal
>  > maintenance technician will have to get welders ticket and then work with
>  > patrolman as his mate???. Presumably if Xing fault comes in at other end
> of
>  > line they will abandon patrol and attend fault.
>  > Ah this brave new world of the Multi Skilled operative.
>
> What a pity they won't have any vehicles. S & C leased all their vehicles
> and when the leasing company asked  A.B.B. if they wanted to take over or
> start new leases A.B.B. wanted a 4 week lease. They were offered a minimum
> of 6 months. No we only want 4 weeks . No can do says leasing company. So no
> vehicles for a while.

Thusday last saw the end of Night shift at the Fuel Point, South Dynon. It also
saw the end of  more jobs as many Fitters did not find Employment after May 1.
Thost that did not get the arse, are now being offered a miserly $35,000 a year,
and concidering the fact that our Dynon Fitters were multi skilled in both
Electrical and Mechanical, all now wish they had been able to take the package!
Gonninans pay $55,000 for the same multi skilled people at Spotswood, as did the
old V/Line. Guess as a Driver I am going to have to put up with sub standard,
dirty equipment, long walks, when they begin to fall apart, and the possibility
of watching all this good will fall apart as our customers feel the pinch of
unreliability, as the new owners try to find a way of turning a 165 million
liability into Profit!!
Rod :o(