Re: WAGR Tank Engines

Yes the Ut was indeed an austere looking loco, but hardly 'ugly' in my opinion
- more 'distinctive'.

Anyway, other tank locos (incomplete list) were:
Class    W/Arrangement
N         4-4-4T
D         4-6-4T
Dd       4-6-4T
Dm      4-6-4T
Ds       4-6-4T
H         0-6-0T
K         2-8-4T
Ut        4-6-2T

Photos of most (if not all) of these locos can be found in the two volumes of
"70 years of Rail and Wire in W. A." by the late Jack Stanbridge.

Regards,
Chris. French.

John Wayman wrote:

> I just saw a photo of an ugly looking tank engine operated by the WAGR. The
> loco was numbered UT 664.
>
> Is this a typical WAGR tank engine, or did they have better looking ones?
>
> What classes of tank loco did West Australia have and when did they last
> operate in Revenue service?
>
> Cheers
> John Wayman
begin:vcard
n:French;Chris
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Signalling Interest Group of Western Australia
version:2.1
email;internet:cfrench@starwon.com.au
title:Co-ordinator
adr;quoted-printable:;;http://www.starwon.com.au/~cfrench/Signals/Sigwa.htm=0D=0AP. O. Box 250;ARMADALE;Western Australia;6992;Australia