Re: Melbourne - improved train/tram services

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:09:54 GMT, Daniel Bowen
<dfbowen@my-dejanews.com> wrote:

>* This is not quite what the government promised us before the last election.
>What they said was that we'd get one timetable operating all weekend. This is
>just an improvement to trams and trains between 11 and 6:30/7. And NO change
>to bus services.

The other press release "BUS SERVICES TO RECEIVE $75.6 MILLION" should
mean that bus services recieve an appropriate upgrade (it specifically
mentions improvements to weekday evening and weekend bus services) .
All I want to know is exactly when we will recieve the upgrades.  Even
if only $10m (of the $19.5m for metro & country buses) goes to
suburban buses, that should mean quite a substantial upgrade,
especially given that many bus companies seem to have a lot more buses
than they actually use in reguar service.

Regards,
Chris Brown