Re: My opinion on all night trains in Melbourne

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:18:30 +1100, Gareth Lumsden
<s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au> wrote:

>I do however, feel that Melb needs an all night service, and I think buses
>are the answer.  I am definately anti-bus when it comes to replacing
>trains, but the added security of a driver observing passengers makes me
>feel so much better.  If the current Nightrider services were increased to
>every 30 mins, (and the price stayed at $5), then it would be a great!

Agreed, but for inner city commuters a Night Bus isn't really a viable
option with a $5 flat fare.

Over the last five or so  years when I've lived in Richmond, Fitzroy
and Parkville I've caught a night bus ONCE due to the cost.

On the other hand tthe Night Trams were wonderful! A regular fare
means that it's a reasonable cost and there's greater usage in the
inner city.

Cheers,

-Jason.

---->