Re: My opinion on all night trains in Melbourne

Gareth Lumsden wrote in message ...

>All night train services would not viable in Melb, due to the fact of
>vandalism, safety, and filthy commuters.  Some of the late night trains
>here in Melb are not a pleasant experience.

So do what Sydney did - replace them with buses.

>I do however, feel that Melb needs an all night service, and I think buses
>are the answer.  I am definately anti-bus when it comes to replacing
>trains, but the added security of a driver observing passengers makes me
>feel so much better.  If the current Nightrider services were increased to
>every 30 mins, (and the price stayed at $5), then it would be a great!

Nah - Sydney is much better - those who have forked out heaps for a
weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly get to use it on the bus - those who have
not forked oput get to pay the higher fares - works much better, and as
people KNOW the bus operates 7 days per week, they are more likely to stay
back on the other nights and use the bus!

DaveP