Re: Signalling in Victoria

MarkBau1 wrote:

> I'm glad Eddie will get to see the sentence:
>
> << (b)  Medium Speed Signal.-When the train is to proceed to or from a
> Running Line diverging from 'the Straight Running Line the Signal to
> proceed is displayed by the Second Arm or Light >>

Yes, Mark, rest assured I did see it.

Indeed my eyes ran on a little further, and even read the WHOLE
sentence:

(b)     Medium Speed Signal.-When the train is to proceed to or from a
Running Line diverging from 'the Straight Running Line the Signal to
proceed is displayed by the Second Arm or Light, whether the road
diverges to the right or left, and the speed of the train must not
exceed the rate of speed laid down for a Medium speed route (see
figure 2, page 14).

I also read the remainder.

However I agree with you that this whole discussion has gone far enough.
Anyone who has stuck it out thus far will have drawn their own
conclusions.

At least it has been a pleasant change from the general run of such
debates.

Eddie