Re: Signalling in Victoria

MarkBau1 wrote:

> I'm sorry, I can't make any sense out of this question/comment at all. You may
> be getting confused with VR where there is a "medium speed" Under GCOR there is
> no such thing as "medium speed" a bottom light simply tells you that you are
> diverging and you are to proceed at the speed for that location.

Sorry I might have been a little out my depth there. What does GCOR mean.

> << . only worked where there was
> just one diverging move. The best example was Footscray. >>
>
> Albion was a much longer lived example.

Yes but Footscray was seen by any enthusiast with his head out of the window.
Albion was passed at a greater speed. There were also examples at Viaduct Junction
on the old South Viaduct line.

> <<<<<<<Of course discs that applied to a number routes were always (probably
> always but I'll bet someone has seen different) provided in conjunction with
> point
> indicators giving the exact route that had been set.>>>>
>
> Oh there were lots of examples of discs taking you to multiple locations
> without point indicators, granted it was the exception rather than the rule,
> Flinders St was full of such discs.

In that case there was probably a good view of which way the road was set or maybe
the move was not used very often.

David.

p.s. Have located by copy of C 8/1915 and am formulating some discussion points.