Re: D3 639 to Echuca

  dmason@deakin.edu.au wrote:
> I was reading steam rails web page and it said that on may 22 D3 639 will run
> to Echuca via Toolamba, then will be met by an R class to take the train back
> to Melbourne via Bendigo.  So how is the R class going to get to Echuca is
> surly will not run there light engine.	There is also mention of a train
> Deniliquin so is this going to be taken by D3 639.

Correct! R761 (I think) will take the Friday Deniliquin train. It runs a
Saturday shuttle back to Echuca and changes over with the D3. The D3 then
returns to Denny and takes the train back to Melbourne on Sunday.
Your choice for travel...Weekend away with D3 and R class travel or a day tour
via Tolamba. A weekend not to miss!