Re: Slops

David Langley wrote in message <371D31DC.D8968A42@ancc.com.au>...

>Yes Craig I agree entirely. Even though the Aurora was a joint concoction,
both
>trains were treated equally and accorded rapid passage through our fine
states
>countryside. The reply from DP was a typical NSW reply from those who
believe
>Australia ends at Albury/Border Loop and Broken Hill.

Not at all - I believe the SoP enjoyed a prominent position in NSW when it
operated.

My point was that when it was on broad gauge, it was THE train in Victoria -
like the Queenslander was, and the GSPE now IS, in Queensland.

When it was transferred to standard gauge, the SoP lost its pre-eminent
position in Victoria.

DaveP