Re: Bulk grain history test

On 18 Apr 1999 19:50:50 -0800, stephen@midac.splat.spam.com.au
(stephen) wrote:

>The trial of bulk wheat was despatched from Ariah Park on 29/9/1916,
>so I guess it would have gone via Cootamundra and Goulbourn.

G'day.

The original consignmernt was in a four wheeled S truck.   The
township of Ariah Park has recently celebrated the event.   Having
found the original loading equipment used in 1916, they purchased an S
truck from State Rail, which has been placed on display at Ariah Park,
together with the original loading equipment.

Congratulations to Ariah Park in preserving this little bit of our
rail history.

Hunslet.