B2.2036 (was Re: Glen Wav. Line (Melb.))

Gareth Lumsden <s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au> wrote in message
Pine.SOL.3.96.990419012239.2021J-100000@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au">news:Pine.SOL.3.96.990419012239.2021J-100000@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au...
> On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Johann Fan wrote:
>
> > Buses between Darling and Burnley today (Sat.) (run by Ventura) Have to
> > catch Lilydale/Belgrave trains to Burnley (trains slightly
overcrowded...
> > uhh.. actually... crush loading comes to mind) =(... this was BEFORE the
> > football finished
>
> Aren't you glad you went with Hillside? ;)
> (You had a choice of course, - Hillside or walk!)

I was lucky because a friend finished work at the same time as me and gave
me a lift on Sunday... I wasn't looking forward to spending time on a
overfull train and then an hour on a vintage ventura leyland leopard (sp?)

you can be hillside will cancel any service except for the 2 "premium"
services during the week... always on time (sometimes ahead) and never
cancelled... looks like the government wants Mitcham back... =)

> > On something totally unrelated, which B2 tram was the one with new
fabric
> > type/pattern on the seats?? I was on B2.2036 and that had a grey/blue
type
> > fabric... are they planning on doing all B2's in a similiar way... its a
bit
> > more smoother than the old fabric =)
>
> Yep, it's B2.2036.  I haven't been able to catch up with the thing to
> check it out.  Does the pattern on the seats resemble anything like the
> Yarra Trams logo??

No, its just like a squares/rectangle type pattern... I think its the wrong
colour too?? (don't know what the yarra tram colours are)