Re: Vic Signals Maintenance

Notagunzel wrote:

> I keep hearing stories that ABB Signals have purchased the S&C Maintenance
> business off the PTC.  Does anybody know anything concrete?  It it only the
> country maintenance or does it include the Metro stuff as well?  ABB Signals
> did the physical construction at Sunbury BTW.
>
> B.

As far as I am aware ABB bought Power Signal Construction, or whatever it is
called these days, at Caulfield. They may have also bought the suburban
maintenance as well. The country maintenance is apparently remaining PTC until
contracts can be sorted out. Rumours have it that most non-interstate line
maintenance will be dispensed with - yes dispensed with, whilst ARTC lines will
be maintained by the PTC S&C until further contracts are negotiated.

If FV take over on May 1 as planned, there will be NO track or signal
maintenance staff north of Craigieburn except for a rump temporarily performing
work on ARTC's lines only. Talk about a stitch up for the current shareholders
of the railways - you and I the taxpayers.

DEL.