Re: Signalling in Victoria

<<<<< We might comment that a railway system that tries to marry
the aspects of its 2 pos and 3 pos signals is also silly, but we won't.>>>>>>>

And of course the comment could be made that if VR signalling is "silly" we are
in very good company as VR 3 pos type signalling is used in many other places
around the world. NSW practice, OTOH is used by a grand total of one railway!

What was O S Nock's famous quote after an Australian tour? Something like, " VR
signalling would be understood by a British driver, South Australia signalling
would be understood by a US driver but NSW signalling is not understood outside
of NSW. And not everyone in NSW understands it!

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/