Re: Signalling in Victoria

David Johnson wrote:

> Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:
>
> > Good to see a few people in the newsgroup writing pages about
> > Victorian Signalling, well I have just about finished my Two
> > Position Signalling, and about to start the three position signalling.
> >
> > So please have a look and any criticisms or comments, please e-mail me.
>
> Quite comprehensive and well laid out.  I cannot speak for its accuracy, as
> Victoria has a silly signalling system anyway. :-P

Signalling systems have been developed for particular railways and they meet
the criteria laid down by those in charge. Whilst I do not challenge your right
to declare that Victorian signalling is silly, I think the comment is
nonetheless puerile. We might comment that a railway system that tries to marry
the aspects of its 2 pos and 3 pos signals is also silly, but we won't.

DEL