Re: Interstate Platform at Geelong + elsewhere

In article <7f5h1h$sps@ob1.uws.EDU.AU>,
  "Ben Staples" <98711576@student.hawkesbury.uws.edu.au> wrote:

> > in Seymour they have been
> > trying to get the XPT to stop at their 2 car platform for many years...
> > they don't stop.
>
> If it is the council that is trying to get the XPT to stop, they should put
> their money where their mouth is and extend the platform so the XPT only has
> to stop once. (This comment is possibly said in absolute ignorance).

It has always seemed inconsistent to me to have the XPT stop at Strathfield,
Campbelltown, Moss Vale on the way out of Sydney, but no stops between
Benalla and Melbourne. From the hopelessly naive perspective that "they"
should be trying to increase patronage, of course there should be a full SG
platform at Seymour, and also at either Broadmeadows or Craigieburn.  The
cost of a basic platform should be well within the scope of a local council
or, with a bit of imagination, a property developer.

But on the subject of short platforms, is Orange East Fork the shortest
platform in regular passenger use?

LB.