Re: Lancefield to Kilmore line info needed

markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote:

>As part of my VR map project I need some sort of map of the Lancefield to
>Kilmore line so I can trace the formation onto my map.

>If anyone has any sort of map of this line could you scan it and email it to
>me?

I have a 1920's era 1 mile to the inch "Lancefield" sheet at home,
which shows the line.  I'll see what I can do.

Basically the line continued north for a kilometre or two beyond
Lancefield, then did a big U-turn to the south, sidling up the western
side of the range (Mt William?), until it reached a saddle, where it
did another U-turn and sidled north and down, along the eastern flank
of the range.  Then it turned again, almost another U-turn, to run
south east across rolling terrain until it reached Kilmore.  It is
still very visible everywhere.  Although it closed 90 years ago, one
of Australia's first railfans managed to travel on it and his story
was told in an ARHS Bulletin many years ago.

Geoff Lambert