Re: Victoria Finally Adopts Modern Safeworking

David Langley <del@ancc.com.au> wrote in message
371340D2.28132C33@ancc.com.au">news:371340D2.28132C33@ancc.com.au...

> Further rumours are a return to electric staff working between South
> Geelong and Winchelsea because of the need to go out to Waurn Ponds and
> back. Whilst the the main line trains are on the down side of
> Winchelsea, the Train Staff would be at Winchelsea and so would be
> unavailable at South Geelong. If the main line train went on a ticket,
> then the staff would need to be transferred to Winchelsea or (heaven
> help us) a Line Clear Report issued. However these beast are no longer
> with us. ES seems the logical answer. What do we use for line wires,
> dedicated Telstra cables - has been done before between Branxholme and
> Heywood when Myamyn Loop was provided to replace Condah.

Just to think, I'm always been told Telstra can't guarruntee correct
polarity on any circuit!  Perhaps they will Mux the ES onto radio...
ARRRRGH!  However, I just wonder what the new Yankee owners think about this
Safeworking Retro Fever?  If Victoria has problems with Train Order, just
send the Managers over Port Augusta way to see how apparently seamlessly the
ARTC TO's work.