Re: Victoria Finally Adopts Modern Safeworking

MattyQ wrote:

> I know what ASW is. What is SAW? (A spelling mistake?).
>
> Regards
>
> Matt Smith

The spelling mistake is ASW. SAW is fine, contrary to what all the
railway staff will tell you. Anyway it is all useless now that proper
safeworking is back.

Train Staff and Ticket working (here we go again - TST not OTS or any
other TLA) is now the Alternative Safeworking system of the 21st
century.

The wheel is the greatest invention known to man, it is constantly
turning. Hang around long enough and everything that you loved will
return.

Further rumours are a return to electric staff working between South
Geelong and Winchelsea because of the need to go out to Waurn Ponds and
back. Whilst the the main line trains are on the down side of
Winchelsea, the Train Staff would be at Winchelsea and so would be
unavailable at South Geelong. If the main line train went on a ticket,
then the staff would need to be transferred to Winchelsea or (heaven
help us) a Line Clear Report issued. However these beast are no longer
with us. ES seems the logical answer. What do we use for line wires,
dedicated Telstra cables - has been done before between Branxholme and
Heywood when Myamyn Loop was provided to replace Condah.

It also looks like a return to country train control supervision, not
what we had before, but supervision none-the-less. Horsham, Maryborough,
Shepparton and Maryvale are places I have heard mentioned. Train Orders
will be dispensed with mostly and local operations staff will organise
the movements of trains using the staff system which does not require a
train controller to dictate the order from "the kremlin".

Then again if FV don't get their money problems sorted then who knows
.......?

DEL