Re: Interstate Platform at Geelong?

Frank Jones wrote:

> This was reported in the 'Geelong Advertiser', on Sat. 27/3/99:
>
> Overland to stop at North Shore platform

<snip>

> When the new station is open Great Southern Railway, which operates
> all three train services, will provide a ticket deal between Geelong
> and Perth at a one-way saving of up to $398 a couple.

<more snip>

It appears that the 'Geelong Advertiser' is subject to the same
collection of puzzling comments and non-sequiturs as above. Does this
mean that a passenger would save $199 on a trip to Perth by catching the
train at Geelong rather than Melbourne? Sounds like a good deal to me.

Barry Campbell