First Sydney Ghan Details

Hi,
I travelled on the first Ghan from Alice Springs to Sydney leaving Friday
and arriving Sydney sunday.  Here are some details that may be of interest.

We departed Alice Springs 4 minutes late at 13:04 on friday 9/4 hauling 27
carsm (2 Coach, 3 Motorail, 4 Holiday, 18 First / Power / Crew etc). The
train was 637.5metres long and weighed 1229 tonns.

Here is the times the train ran:

Alice Springs         13:04    CST Friday
Tarcoola                 21:57    CST Friday - 33 Mins EARLY
Adelaide Keswick 07:53    CST Saturday - 13 Mins Late
Dep Adelaide        09:58    CST Sautrday - 38 Mins Late
Crystal Brook        12:09     CST Saturday
Peterborough        13:18     CST Saturday
Broken Hill Arr       16:02    CST  Saturday - 48 Mins Early
Broken Hill Dep     17:56    EST  Saturday - On time
Lithgow                   06:34    EST  Sunday
Katoomba               07:23    EST  Sunday
Springwood            07:57   EST  Sunday
Penrith                     08:57   EST  Sunday
Blacktown               08:47   EST  Sunday
Paramatta              0858    EST  Sunday
Strathfield                09:11   EST  Sunday
Sydney terminal.     09:33   EST  Sunday - 18 Mins Late

The inorgrial run was proctically empty.  I was in Car L, First Class
Roomettes and had an empty car.  There were two restaurant and club cars in
First - 1 for the VIP Train  and 1 for the public Syd - Ade - Asp.