Re: Bayside,Hillside sale.

<<<<<<> Immediately before the change of government in 1993, MetTram had almost
> clinched getting funding to extend the 42/109 to Box Hill and the 48 to
> Westfield Doncaster. The grand plan was then to link the two (along Tram
> Rd?) by about 2000.>>>>>>

This was no more than the other millions of pie in the sky schemes which turn
up in discussion papers but never get beyond the stage of "wouldn't that be a
good idea?"

If we are going to discuss this stuff I suggest a new newsgroup as I, for one,
could relate 100's of "good ideas" that were floated about at some stage, often
at ministerial level.

For some reason GOD has trouble distinguishing "plans" from "reality", witness
his continued interest in the never to be built TGV/VFT from Sydney to
Canberra/Melbourne!

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/