Re: My Congratulations go to B/Hill,

dirtcircuitvideos wrote:

> The tourist sector is to be congratulated on
> Plan to have Indian Pacific passengers Tour
> their Town, Take note Peterborough Council.
> Robin
> --
> Dirtcircuit Videos
>  Email:  dirtcircuitvideos@bigpond.com
> Webpage:  http://www.users.bigpond.com/dirtcircuitvideos.htm

Last time I travelled to Sydney on the IP it stopped ONCE between Adelaide and
Broken Hill - and then very briefly - at Gladstone.   It just slid through
Peterborough at reduced speed.

The matter of a side trip on Steamtown and Pichi Richi picking the train up
again in Port Augusta as suggested elsewhere has much more merit.

Either you go to Adelaide or you take the rail-fan option.

It could also operate in the reverse direction (although detraining at Port
Augusta in the very early morning probably does not have a lot to recommend it).

--
Neil Waller	(nwaller@denr.sa.gov.au)
Department of Environment Heritage and Aboriginal Affairs

Unless explicitly attributed, the opinions expressed are personal
and not those of DEHAA or the South Australian Government.