Re: Sydney people movers.

< Tell > wrote in message <3706f9a9.1619528@news.ozemail.com.au>...
>I caught a glimpse of a TV news article from Sydney
>last night with thousands of people waiting to catch a
>train after a couple of shows.  The "meejar" (media) as
>usual took a negative view point with lots of people
>complaining that if this was bad, then the Olympics
>will be hell.  I do not know where the station was or
>what arrangements were in place, but a couple of things
>came to mind.

>----Terry Burton

Can't CityRail get data from the magnetic tickets when they are inserted in
the departing stations barrier, and then use the data to plan how many
services will be required for return journeys? The STA uses magnetic
tickets, and has a program to track and audit routes based on usage. Or does
this require some thought on CityRail's behalf?