Re: Victorian closing dates that I have.

Gavin Potter (gavpot@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
> Waubra Junction - Waubra
>     Line closed beyond Mileage 81 Mls., 50 Chs., 15 Lks., on 31/01/1968
>     Last train ran 31/01/1968

There's a story I heard about this line, but nobody has ever been able to
confirm it. The story goes that VR announced the official last goods would
run on a certain date, but that an extra would run the following week if
there was any livestock offering. A group of railfans supposedly drove to
Ballarat, bought a sheep and consigned it to Waubra.

> Heywood - Mt Gambier
>     Line closed on ????

It hasn't officially been closed. Train running has been "suspended until
further notice."

> Ararat - Ballarat
>     Line closed on ????

I don't think that's officially closed either.

> Is the line Cranbourne - Leongatha closed?

Nyora - Leongatha is under long term lease. Cranbourne - Nyora is
variously reported to be closed, services suspended, and minimal (i.e. no)
maintenance.

> Is the line Sale - Bairnsdale closed?

Don't think so. There has been some log traffic.

Cheers
David