Re: Wisconcin wants in,still!

In article <7eeo6g$7lb$1@news.mel.aone.net.au> "David Proctor" <daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> writes:
>From: "David Proctor" <daproc@spam_this.umpires.com>
>Subject: Re: Wisconcin wants in,still!
>Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:52:49 +1000

>Being oversome by the forces of darkneww, < Tell > became an unwitting
>member of the conspiracy when he wrote:

>>Yes indeed, it was supposed to make our national rail
>>network a reality.

>It will take time - the new locos, rolling stock, integrated sales and
>marketting department (not having to deal with 3 or 4 systems to send
>something from Brisbane to Perth) - these things do not turn things around
>in one or two years. It takes time for customers to acquire confidence and
>place more freight on rail. Of course, a few good deviations, particularly
>on North Coast NSW to signifigantly reduce journey times, wouldn't go astray
>either!

>>In fairness to NRC, they run the gauntlet of our
>>Federal and State politicians.

>Perhaps if they are sold they would be free of this interference.

>DaveP

Yes I wanst having a go at NRC in my previous post in that they are doing
everything within their power to turn things around, but arnt able to,mainly
due to the various impediments being beyond their control.
But this situation will be exactly the same for any private operator who buys
NRC , if anything worse as once the Feds sell their share of NRC then they
have no interest whatsover in rail.
Also any private operator will also have to run the RAC gauntlet.
I wouldnt mind betting that the next major sale will be ARTC , not long after
the sale of Westrail.

MD