Re: Signalling in Victoria

Oh no, not the old "Is a repeater a 2 pos or 3 pos signal?" debate!!!

This debate has gone on for years and thanks for bringing to my attention the
recent R&R rewriting, interesting.

As far as I'm concerned, any signal that displays its aspects by means of 2
lights or arms, or a combination of both is a 3 pos signal. Of course you could
then come back with, "a 3 pos dwarf doesn't"

Yes, the term "low speed caution" is used in 3 pos, as I said in an earlier
post, caution should mean, track may be occupied" which is appropriate for a
dwarf or low speed. IMO a yellow distant should be called "warning" now but I
don't think they ever changed it in the R&R's.

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/