Re: Herald-Sun liftout on railways

On 5 Apr 1999 06:10:44 GMT, markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote:

><<<<<<However, the Victorian map neglects to show the Mornington Railway
>Preservation Society, Yarra Valley Tourist Railway, and Central
>Highlands Tourist Railway as "Tourist Lines".>>>>>>
>
>The fact that some lines are now used by groups to play trains shouldn't IMHO,
>figure in any historic study of VR except as a passing mention.
>
>Mark.
>

>Visit my train pic website at:
>http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/

Hi there

Tourist railways in Victoria don't play trains, These days we are
accredited to operate under the exact same requirements as other
railways operating in Victoria. The only difference is that we don't
have to pay the staff. Something the upcoming private operators would
like to do if they thought they could get away with it!!!!.

Regards
Anthony Tubbs
Playing trains at www.chtr.org .au