Re: 620 Class In New Livery

On Thu, 01 Apr 1999 15:21:35 +1000, Barry Campbell
<barryC@qimr.edu.au> wrote:

I can't believe that the comfort level has
>advanced beyond 1970 standard. Where is the air-conditioning,
>comfortable seats, soundproofing etc.

G'day.

Give me 620 class reversible seating any day, along with opening
wndows, rather than the five across fixed seating of an Endeavour set.

The 620 class upgrades are a short term "improvement" until the
Endeavours are released off the South Coast Dapto to Kiama
electrification for transfer to the Hunter Region.

I hear that the SRA Chief Executive may be considering ordering some
more Endeavours, as even with the units released from the South Coast,
there will not be enough to cover all Hunter Region services, let
alone provide additional stock for Southern Highlands commuters.

Hunslet.