Re: Sydney Olympic transport

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999 15:16:36 +1000, "David Proctor"
<daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> wrote:

>Went to the Easter Show the other day, and was impressed by the public
>transport facilities. Olympic Park station has supposedly been designed to
>handle 50,000 passengers per hour, and there are "Olympic test events" that
>are designed to test this.
>
>My concern is that there "test events" (NRL games, Bee Gees concerts

I really feel sorry for the ppl who attended the BG's concert - fancy,
being subjected to 3 40+year old boy sopranoes catawalling for hours,
then having to be subjected to further torture on public transport.

But then again, I suppose they got what they deserved ..... I mean, if
you want to subject yourself to that sort of tortuous entertainment, a
bit of delay in the public transport system probably pales into
insignificance