RE: 47 Class

Perhaps I could enlighten everyone.

LVR purchased one of the DEB railcars located at Port Kembla. Additionally, we purchased another six located at Carriage Works, Eveleigh.

As 47 class don't have dynamic brake, strictly speaking they are not allowed to go down "the hill" light engine, hence the need to go via Sydney then down the coast to P. Kembla. They arrived light engine early morning 21/9

In addition to our car, we hauled seven other railcars for Dorrigo Steam Railway. They were dropped off at Eveleigh today, and the other cars attached for movement to Cowra. The train is scheduled to arrive at Cowra early tomorrow morning, 22/9

Hope this shines some light on the situation.

Regards,
Charlie Stevenson- LVR