Re: rozelle

Darren Yates wrote:

> There are a number of them also abandoned on the southern side of Clyde yard
> as you head west - graffitied but still there... plus ad the old Redfern
> suburban workshops as well.
> ---------
> Darren Yates [mailto:info@firebox.bluemountains.net.au]
> Firebox Recordings [http://www.firebox.bluemountains.net.au]
> * Producers of NSW steam train compact discs *
>
> Savo wrote in message <01bdca6d$186ec300$LocalHost@default>...
> >The last couple of times that i have passed the rozelle goods yard they
> >have been absolutly empty, bu5t still lit. I assumed that buisness must be
> >slow.
> >
> >however today when i passed over the line at lewisham i noticed that both
> >in and out tracks were scaled. does anyone know whats going on?
> >has the government given up on it as they have most of the rail system?
> >
> >Also, I saw a rattler in the flemington yards the other day. I thought that
> >they'd all been destroyed or retired to the sheds.
> >does anyone know what this one is doing out of the eveleigh sheds?

  As far as I know (I could be wrong) Rozelle is closed with all freight going
to Enfield.

This I do know from speaking to peoples high up in City rail (Silly Rail):
Part of Clyde has been sold off and is going to be used as a "container
terminal".
The goods line that crosses the main at Lewisham will be used to teach learner
train drivers to drive trains. They were going to convert a U BOAT in to the
same specs as an S set (silver double decker)  for training BUT after work had
started they stopped that and came up with the idea of using an S set BUT
suprise, the S sets are to wide, being medium to wide rolling stock, to fit on
the goods line which is sutible only for narrow rolling stock. So now they are
all scratching their heads.

The "RED RATTLER" at F.M.C is the heritage set and is at the maintainance centre
to be "looked at" being returned to "service".

The single deckers (not rattlers) at ACDEP and Elstons are waiting to be sold
off. They were seen shunted today 17/9/98 shunted by a tuscan 48 (prob 4833)

rgds
rob