Re: trial CityRail signage and info systems

In article <70m551$jrl$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
  jdennis@acslink.net.au wrote:

> And in a corresponding query, why in Sydney do they make announcements such
> as the one I heard at North Sydney, in a Hornsby via Strathfield train.  This
> announcement went through "Milsons Point, Wynyard, Town Hall, Central,
> Redfern, then Burwood, Strathfield", then the next half a dozen station to
> somewhere north of Strathfield, and finished with "and all stations to
> Hornsby".  Why not say "all stations to Hornsby" after Strathfield and skip
> the half-dozen names mentioned? --

I honestly think it depends on the person who programmed the announcement and
who is using it.  There is no doubt that some Station Masters/Assistants are
finding great novelty value in the DVA system - at passengers benefit beacuse
they like using it!!!  Others simply don't care.  The announcement you refer
to above simply shows how dynamic the new system is - I heard a different,
and much shorter, version of it at North Sydney with the same stopping
pattern a while ago.