Re: New Vicorian rail/tram projects?

<<<<<< but what do you mean regarding City Loop
running in the proper direction ?!?>>>>>>>

I've always thought the loop is operated back to front.

Unless things have changed recently Flinders St. is still the most used station
of all. So, in the a.m peak we go to the lesser used stations first and then we
go to Flinders St. It seems to me the idea should be to make the journey time
as short as possible for as many people as possible, this could only be
acheived by am's going to Flinders St. first. The reverse also applies to the
pm peak.

When I weas driving sparks I can well remember the hordes of people that would
invade a direct train at North Melb. and Richmond. Tons of people would rather
wait on a platform and go direct  than the extra time it takes to go through
the loop if they wanted to get to Flinders St.

Any thoughts?

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/