Re: Granville Coroner

Jim Celt wrote:

> Hey I would like to get hold of a copy of both reports. Seeing the
> state of the perway here in Adelaide and lack of maintenace on the
> railcars the authorities have learned nothing from the Granville
> disaster. Maybe they have their first instinct is to blame the driver
>
> Jim

Even if the train hits an Election Poster Putter Upper who steps
back into the train's path (and which driver pulls the train up
pretty quickly and still gets the boot for being drug-affected).

There is a big hole in the track on the Adelaide side of the Cross
Road Unley Park crossing.   The crossing was replaced but the TA
track was not releveled on the Adelaide side.

The ARTC track crossing was relaid at the same time and now lacks
the definite dip it had on the Unley Park side.

--
Neil Waller	(nwaller@denr.sa.gov.au)
Department of Environment Heritage and Aboriginal Affairs

Unless explicitly attributed, the opinions expressed are personal
and not those of DEHAA or the South Australian Government.