Re: Garratts

Roderick Smith (rodsmith@werple.net.au) wrote:
> I am trying to find the article published in Australia on a proposed
> high-speed passenger Garratt for NSW.  It included material on Algerian
> Garratts.

I have a diagram for it somewhere in Melbourne. It was supposed to be
effectively a double C38, but Beyer Peacock said it would never work which
it why it never got buily.

> I could not find it in ARHS Bulletins convoluted index; I did find the
> Jan.73 article on a proposed Garratt for VR's Serviceton line.

VR had two proposed broad gauge garratts, both double pacifics. The large
one was for Serviceton, and the smaller for working between Bendigo and
Korong Vale. Beyer Peacock provided plans for both.

Cheers
David