Re: "Day of the Roses"

On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 00:18:30 +1000, "Wollongong Quokka"
<quokka@zip.net.au> wrote:

>Tim Arnot wrote in message <362FBB10.2C70820D@fastlink.com.au>...
>[Titanic]
>>Errr .. how would we know if there were? Do you have information on every
>detail of
>>the ship - does anybody?

>Um... the people who built it?  The sister-ship (although I think that might
>also have sank)?

>Quite a lot of detail is known about the ship itself... it's what happened
>to it that remains of a little mystery.

The Titanic was the second of three ships: the first being the RMS
Olympic and the third being the RMS Gigantic (which was renamed
"Brittanic" whilst on the slipway, requisitioned by the Admiralty
before it was launched, and placed in service as His Majesty's
Hospital Ship Brittanic).

The Olympic was retired from service by Cunard in the early 1930s and
broken up. The Brittanic either hit a mine or was torpedoed whilst in
the Adriatic Sea in November 1915.

This piece of utterly useless trivia was brought to you by Roy Wilke.
:)