Re: Austrac to operate in NW NSW.

On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 12:56:05 +1000, Roy Marshall <marsh@zip.com.au>
wrote:

>Rod wrote:
>
>> 1. Fast Freight [C.R.T.] to Paisley operated all the way by NSW crews and Engines
>> [82's to Melb]
>>     The train will arrive at Tottenham Loop, a waiting G Class will haul the set
>> backwards to Paisley via Brooklyn Loop, the crew to rest, and they will again be
>> hauled backwards to Totty Loop, for departure for Sydney some 12 hours later!
>> 2. Slow Freight [picking up] to North Dynon operated by Dynon crews using NSW
>> motive Power.
>> possibly hauling the wine from Griffith, and cement and sugar already coming down
>> on Uncle Bens.
>
>Do you have any times and train numbers for these services?
>
>Cheers Roy
I find this whole thing to be a very large joke we at NRC Melbourne
were told as late as friday afternoon (23/10/98) that the contract for
this service has not even been let yet but here we have V\LINE ,
AUSTRAC, GREAT NORTHERN, and anyone else with a gangers trolley
stating categorically that they have won the contract .
The interesting thing is that we have a group of drivers in melbourne
liasing at the moment with the owner of CRT and we are being led to
believe that we are looking good as we would be able to service the
siding more reliably than any one else.
For a start the SRA crews are not qualifies in ASW working and neither
are Austrac , there may be a couple at Great Northern but they
couldn't realy run a service to brisbane with a "T" class could
they???
so at this stage i will say wait and see.
regards Paul Johnston (NRC Melbourne)