Re: Garratts in Australia...How many, where?

Bob Gioia wrote...

<<Yes they did drop out however the DSR&M also did not have the money to buy
it and in fact had to pay it off over several years.>>

Thats true. We were the only ones prepared to negotiate the sale.

<<The reason the UK syndicate pulled out was because of the more expensive
cost of shipping the loco to tthe UK.>>

As I said, they were not sufficiently cashed up.

<<Why would they have dificulties getting an export permit? To my knowlegde
at least 2 Australian steam locos have left the country already and the only
party likley to object would have been the DSR&M.>>

Export permits are unpredictable. There have been attempts to export
industrial locos that have been knocked back.

<<Your assumption that the DSR&M was the only group prepared to buy 6042 is
absolutly incorrect. There were other parties interested in it.>>

I didn't say other parties were not interested. They just did not have the
resources.

Trevor