Re: GM12s in September Digest

MarkBau1 wrote:

> I keep reading this thread, hoping to find something about GM12's.
>
> I think it might be time to change the title of this thread as it now has
> NOTHING to do with GM12's :-)

Some time ago people complained that QR were not advertising the new service
from Cairns to Forsayth. I went into their travel bureau today and found not
only the photocopied timetable, but a glossy colour brochure about the trip.
I get the impression that the afternoon/overnight stops at Alma Den (down)
and Mount Surprise (up) are so that people can do tours to Chillagoe (Old
mines, caves and extraordinary limestone pinnacles there) and Undara lava
tubes.

BTW, QR are not anticipated to operate GM12s on this line ;-)
Owen Clancy