Re: 1 TRAIN 4 STEAM LOCO'S

Another example was the Sunday morning down Bendigo & Daylesford pass.: The
T for Daylesford would lead the B for Bendigo, for more-rapid detaching at
Woodend.  Conversely, in the 1970s, when Ts from Wodonga were often placed
using passenger trains, the T would trail.  The larger loco was not only
the one with dynamic brakes, it had the mechanical staff exchanger too.

I commented earlier that diesel was supposed to lead steam (AFAIK to avoid
getting solids from the steam loco exhaust into the diesel's air intake).
On place where steam would lead diesel was from Stawell to Ararat, when the
steam loco which had been on banking duties through the day would be
attached to the front of a diesel-hauled freight to return to Ararat depot.
--
Regards
Roderick Smith

MarkBau1 <markbau1@aol.comnospam> wrote in article