Re: 3801 Ltd's PFZ2219 on IP

Dave Mayo wrote in message <7190vi$b64$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
>Country Link crews?

Yes - WL34, the Broken Hill to Sydney passenger, is crewed by Countrylink
(it is a Countrylink service, after all). The car was attached to WL1, to
run to wherever (probably somewhere between Condobolin and Parkes, to
replace the PHA that had failed on WL33 the previous day.

Just on this topic, I noticed recently there is a lot of empty room under
the carriages used on these services - would it not be better to place a
small generator under each carriage, but using only one at a time, with the
one that is running supplying the whole train? That would eliminate the
power van, which is dead weight, and also provide some backup generating
capacity, in case one of the generators fail.