Re: "Day of the Roses" filming locations

Brendan Morley <morb-@-bit-.-net-.-au> wrote in article
<zbeoovgargnh.f17d8u0.pminews@news.bit.net.au>...
> Hi,
>
> As a Queenslander, it's rather weird to recognise some of the locations
in
> that miniseries.
>
> As mentioned earlier by other people, yes, the bridge traversed by the
Paul
> Mercurio character is in the QR system (another dead giveaway in that
scene
> is the 25kV insulators).  I cannot pick where it is though.

The foot bridge is at Nudgee station on the Shorncliffe line.

> Another birdie told me the Chollura workshops were really the Telstra
> Workshops at Banyo.

Banyo railway workshops more likely.

> I suspect that the near-closing scene "narrow gauge tracks under the
bridge"
> might be at Zillmere.  I can't think of anywhere else in the suburban
system.

The road bridge is Bowen Bridge Road at the Exhibition.