Re: Tram fare dodgers costing $8m a year

>The health costs associated with them having to walk everywhere if
>they didn't catch public transport?

Probably less money for health if people walked everywhere - at least you
would be forced to get your 30 minutes a day - and more. People would
subsequently be more fitter and robust.

Whilst public transport does force a little more walking on you than getting
into your car and driving, it doesn't necessarily force a lot. When I lived
at my parent's place and worked in S.Melbourne, the walking to the bus stop
at my home end and from the tram stop to work wasn't much more than if I'd
driven.