Re: Brisbane to Sydney line

petan@ion.com.au (petan@ion.com.au) writes:
> The present tilt train is the electric one to Rocky. Just wait until
> our new QR diesel tilt train starts up for the trip to Cairns! Papers
> have been signed. For more details see page 438 of this month's ARHS
> Bulletin.
>
> Maybe QR should build a tilt train on 1435mm track and run it between
> Brisbane and Sydney! Than maybe it won't arrive at Roma Street at the
> stuped time the XPT does now!

Well said Peter.  The Brisbane XPT has been coming late past here at
Salisbury very regularly of late.  This morning (Fri 13/11) 5.18am
(33" late), yesterday (Thu 12/11) 5.55 am (70" late) and I could go on.
The XPT's are being flogged and the track doesn't help them much either.

On the other hand the QR Tilt appears to be consistently arriving
Roma Street 4, 5, 10" early most afternoons from Rocky. The problem
with the Tilt is that the track (especially Gympie Nth to Bris) is
holding it back from going faster due to speed restrictions.

A QR type diesel tilt on 1435mm track would be a good idea if someone
would come up with the money for it.

Graham Duffin,
Salisbury, Qld.